The LightCycler® 96 Instrument is a real-time PCR system for rapid cycling up to 96 samples. Applications include absolute and relative quantification, melting curve analysis, and endpoint genotyping. Precise LightCycler® 96 Instrument thermal homogeneity and cycling speed produce accurate and reproducible results in a very short time.
The LightCycler® 96 Instrument’s optical detection system flexibly detects sequence-dependent probes, such as hydrolysis probes and sequence-independent dyes (i.e., SYBR Green I). Multiplex and multicolor capabilities permit the use of up to four different fluorescent dyes. New innovative LightCycler® 96 Application and Instrument Software creates a simple analysis workflow with easy import and export functions, email notifications after each run, online monitoring flexibility, and server-based network interfacing.
- Plate-based real-time PCR system with 96-well block
- Temperature gradient (assay optimization)
- Standalone system (integrated PC)
- Touchscreen with separate instrument software (free to load on any PC)
- Dynamic range of 10 log
- Sensitivity of one copy
- 4-plex multicolor
- Runtime of less than 1 hour
- Applications: Absolute Quantification, Relative Quantification, Endpoint Genotyping, Melting Curve Analysis
- Intuitive state-of-the-art software
- PC analysis software can be loaded free of charge on any PC
Obtain fast, highly sensitive, and reproducible results for qualitative and quantitative detection of nucleic acids and SNP analysis with the versatile, plate-based LightCycler® 96 System:
- Benefit from a cutting-edge, low-mass thermal block design that offers excellent well-to-well homogeneity for a broad range of temperatures, and access to gradient features. The electroforming production process allows a perfect fit of the 96-well plate (negative structure) to the block (positive structure, formed by a galvanic reaction) and avoids air cushions in between both.
- Maximize sensitivity and speed using novel optics (combining sturdy glass fibers with high-intensity broad-spectrum LEDs), and obtain simultaneous detection of all wells within milliseconds.
- Install the software on any PC for free, with no license requirements, and run the system according to your specific needs:
- Standalone, using a flash drive to transfer data
- Connected to a PC
- Connected to a PC network via Ethernet
- Experience advanced software features, such as on-line real-time remote monitoring, e-mail notification, heat-maps, wizards, and many more options to operate the intuitive and easy-to-use software.
- Extract meaningful data via state-of-the-art analysis methods, then easily export results in a ready-to-publish format (RDML).
- Choose the optimal type of LightCycler® 480 Multiwell Plate or 8-Tube strips (white, recommended) or clear to best fit your assay format, application, and workflow.