Heraeus™ Cryofuge™ 5500i Refrigerated Blood Processing Floor Model Centrifuge
Spin up to eight blood bags — from doubles to 500mL quints with in line filters — with reliability and reproducibility in the Thermo Scientific™ Heraeus™ Cryofuge™ 5500i Refrigerated Blood Processing Floor Model Centrifuge. Offering optimal capacity for small- to medium-sized blood processing centers and clinical reference labs, this floor centrifuge was developed to meet the needs of users in a wide range of environments, including hospital blood banks and laboratories, satellite blood processing centers and clinical reference labs.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Large superior capacity with 4L sample volumes, 4-8 blood bags and up to 32 standard microplates
- New Diagnostik™ rotor that spins clinical analyzer racks pre-loaded with tubes
- Higher RCFs (× g) and capacities for all popular blood/clinical tubes than leading competitors
- HIGHplate™ rotor that spins microplates or filter plates to 85mm in height, at 5,890 × g
- Reduced maintenance with brushless induction drive
- Thermo Scientific™ SMARTspin™ Imbalance Detection System to allow samples to be balanced by eye
- Automatic rotor recognition
- EASYcontrol II soft-touch keypad
- Soft-touch lid lock
- Heranet Software to document centrifugation in blood banks
Rotor (sold separately)
Works with the Thermogenesis AXP system to automatically separate cord blood into a freezing bag (for the mononuclear cell product), an erythrocyte bag and an excess plasma bag.